Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Laughter

My daughter and I were talking about how babies laugh tonight, and how it's the greatest music in the world. To hear a baby laugh for the first time, there is nothing like it, and it might even be one of the greatest wonders of the world. It's like nothing you have heard before, a baby will laugh sometimes just because you are laughing. Have you laughed today like a baby, uninhibited from your belly down to your toes. There are many studies that tell us that laughter is the best medicine, and I really believe it's are true. I can remember plenty of times in our family when someone else was in a bad mood, and they would hear their brother or sister laughing. Their face would change immediately while they ran to find out what was going on, usually before they were finished researching what the laughter was about, you would find them with at least smile on their face. Most of the time, however, they were soon laughing also. What family event doesn't bring with it loads of laughter and glorious moments of joy. We all love spending time together, I know that makes me smile, to know that when I have all my children together there is always going to be loads of laughter coming from every room. I know that we WILL be laughing, and not just a little. Our laughter will be the kind that starts at the tips of our toes and ends at the top of our heads, it will be the type of laughter that is so hard it hurts your face, or if your old like me, it might make you pee a little (okay so too much information). So laugh my friends like babies do, and spread the laughter around.

1 comment:

Christina said...

I was getting a whole bunch of that laughter last night. It's true though. The more they laugh the more we laugh. Love you Mom.