Friday, October 10, 2008

What did I learn today?

Today I learned that being alone at your workplace is a totally awesome event. Today I was all alone, and didn't have to listen to nobody's endless chattering, or the news station blaring on the TV set. It was just me, myself and I, (three of my close friends). The reason I was alone.... it was a friday before a holiday, you see at the military base I work, if Monday is a holiday all the military folks, plan an event on friday. It goes like this, let's say they plan (for fun) golfing for dollars, or they plan some kind of noble deed (maybe even an exercise event). Then after the planning they all take off to partake in the event or noble deed on that friday before the holiday. Okay, you see where this is all going, if not, please do try and keep up. Okay so they take off early to help out in the noble deed, or play in the sports event (not everyone plays, some watch) then they get out of work and go home early, making for a longer weekend. Of course while they are partaking in their events and noble deeds, I a civilian, and some of the contractors too, have to stay and work the whole day, well, unless we want to take leave. So here I sit all alone, do you realize how much work you can get done without any interruptions. Today was like a gift from God, okay I exaggerate a tad bit, but it did feel pretty close to it. So I ask myself, "What did I learn today?" Being alone is great its like eatting chocolate cake.

I learned how good alone can feel. Sometimes God wants us to be alone, so we can be still, and just empty ourselves to all the junk going on in our heads. Peace and Quiet can be a good thing, not all the time, becasue I really don't want to be alone all the time, but sometimes its kinda nice.

1 comment:

Bri said...

I need some alone time!