Monday, November 10, 2008

Gardening




Okay so I have lost 10lbs, but its been extremely hard.....Ugh. I have had to change a lot of old habits, and when I feel like eating, I have to really evaluate why I am eating. This weekend one of my goals was to get outside and do some gardening (my garden really needs it). The problem is I do this internal arguing with myself. It goes much like this.....


(the me that wants to change) "Okay lets go garden, yeah, come on lets go do it, I am ready."


(the me that hates change) "Nope, don't want to,"


"Yep, Yep, Yep, you promised, it will be loads of fun, and you will burn lots of calories and feel better."


"I said no.....no.....no, there are big mosquito's waiting out there, and they bite."


"You promised."


"Okay, Okay your such a nag.......I HATE GARDENING!


Well, I pulled weeds, like you would never believe, I cut back the dead stuff, trimmed, swept, watered, got bit by mosquito's and cleaned like there was no tomorrow. I was beat by the time I got done, and I got to spend quality time with my husband (who loves gardening). We planted new plants (okay he planted new plants while I watched). I cleaned the containers, and when we got done it looked beautiful. I was exhausted when we got done, and I got to feel the sense of accomplishment. I also got to feel proud of myself for following through and achieving one of my goals. It was great.

1 comment:

Bri said...

go Momma, its your birthday!