Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgivig

Thanksgiving was sooooo special this year. Garrett was such a wonderful help, he helped me make pies yesterday. We made pumpkin, pecan, and his cheesecake came out awesome. I love cooking, and the reason why is because my children, they have always made me feel like I was the best cook in the whole world, but more than that, whenever I was in the kitchen cooking, someone was in there helping out, or just standing there talking to me, it was a time of family bonding. Making good food for the people we love was been handing down to me, and I have handed it down to my children, and hopefully they will hand it down to theirs. When Garrett was in there and we were making Thanksgiving dinner, it was a special time together. It makes me proud to know that my boys can cook, just as well as the girls, and that they take pride in what they are making for the family. Garrett is such a good cook, he doesn't get to do it too often, but I have to say his cheesecake (I had a little slice) was one of the best I have ever tasted, and you know why? It is because he sprinkled a little love in with it too. It was really great to have our son-in-laws at the table too, it was great to share our tradition with them, of what Thanksgiving means to our family. I just wish my mom could have been there, but I called her and we reminisced about past Thanksgiving Dinners (about my grandmother, and dad). I have to say it was a great day, with great food, and great company. Be thankful for God's many blessings. Oh yeah I almost forgot, even Chris called (my son in Texas) and that was great too.

No comments: