Saturday, December 13, 2008

HOME

I love it when I go home and visit my Mom, or Rob's Mom they treat their guest like kings and queens, they are both southern women, so that must have something to do with it (maybe not). Whenever my mom used to come and visit me, or when I came home she had a certain way of making me feel special. My husbands mom does the same thing. At home my mom will fix all my favorite meals, go to places I like, and it is really comforting. When I was a young child, I was deathly shy and hated school. The only thing that kept me going to school was I lived close by and the schools would let students go home for lunch, if your mom signed a paper, and lucky for me my mom did. My mom would let me come home everyday and would have my lunch waiting for me, my favorite was grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup. It was the highlight of my day, to know that I could go home and she would be waiting for me, sometimes (when I got older) my friends and I would trade off and go down each others for lunch too. I don't know why but it helped me get through the rest of the day, and hey mom's food was 100% better than any cafeteria food. Rob's mom when we come to visit always says your "our guest", and she prepares special food for us too. Again it makes you feel special and has a way of comforting you. There is really nothing better than going home, even though you have made your own home, and your own family, where ever your mom is its home, and just getting a hug from them makes life a little easier. I miss my moms hugs, there pretty good hugs. I think that is probably what it will be like when I go home to be with the Lord, it will be like going home to mom, with great hugs to boot. There's no place like home.

No comments: