Thursday, December 25, 2008

My Christmas Wishes All Came True

I notice I spelled a lot of things wrong in my blog, okay, so next time I won't be in such a hurry I don't do spell check. Right now my husband is in the kitchen doing the dishes (What a Man). I made another amazing meal (yes I am bragging about myself). We had ham, twice baked potatoes, corn, my homemade yeast rolls, deviled eggs, cranberry sauce, and I am stuffed, oh yeah and I made a cheesecake for dessert much later.....I am too stuffed. I wanted to try the pumpkin cheesecake, but will have to wait for mom's recipe for strudel topping. My daughter Christina came over with the grand girls, and they opened their presents, they were very happy, and they still get to spend uncle Garrett's gift card at Toys R Us. I have to say even though I have had the blues, my mother came through. It was as if God told her what to buy, everything I asked for, she got. We pulled names this year and I got her, and she got me. After opening the box, I was so surprised, I didn't expect to get everything I asked for, but I did, and what is more touching to me, is not so much the gifts, they are great, but that she actually shopped just for me. She could of just got a gift card, but didn't, she took the time and care to shop just for me, how special is that. For me that is what Christmas is all about. I don't really like gift cards, I know sometimes it is necessary (my kids love them). For me, I love to take the time to shop, and really think about what would make a person feel special. It may be you don't have a lot of money, that is okay, when we had six kids and I didn't have any money, I remember making my mom and grandmother crocheted doilies. I would even sew dresses, or things, whatever I could. Anyway I just wanted to say thank you mom, I just wish you could be here to give you a great big hug. I love you so much. To the ones not here, Christopher, Garrett, Briana, Kori, my cousin Kathy, Randy and Rick, Merry Christmas.......I love you all so much, and you are so special to me. A hug and a kiss, and a wish, a blessing and pinch (can't be good all the time). May God bless you really good. Love, Mom

2 comments:

Sue said...

Thanks for the love, even old ladies need love. Not enough to want another man around, just family. There are too many difficult men livivg here now!!!!

Dee said...

Hey I have the same problem, too many men.