Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Small Things




So once again I have been pondering my significance in the world. I tend to do this every so often, and it usually leads to the blues. It leads me down a road where I am saying what have I done that has been truly important in the world. I sometimes feel like I need to be leading the multitudes to Jesus, or helping people in some profound way. I don't know why I do this, because I always get an answer back from God, usually telling me I am doing what I am supposed to be doing. Well, today when Rob and I were on our way to work, I read a daily devotional, and pray (because Rob needs to keep his eyes on the road). Today God once again let me know how important I am, and the significance I have in the world. His message today was: God works big things through small groups. Jesus could of picked a mass group of men to work for him, but he only picked 12 men to spread his word. Jesus fed a mass group of people with only a few loaves of bread, and some fish. When God's chosen people went to battle with other groups, he could have sent all of the Israelites, but only chose to send a small group (so that people could that he was with them), and they were his chosen people. I may be just one person, but God is working through me everyday to reach multitudes. I may not be saving thousands, but at least I know that all my children know the Lord (I will see them again in heaven when I die). "People need the Lord", it is one of my favorite hymns.