Sunday, January 11, 2009

Never Give Up

Well I finally enrolled in my last class on Friday, can you believe it I will finally graduate. After all these years of going a little bit a time. A long time ago I started college, back then we called it Harvard on the hill, with a dream of graduating. I got married, had Briana and stopped going. Started up again in Las Vegas, had Garrett, and got divorced, and stopped going. Met Rob, got married, became Christina's and Christopher's mom, had two more, and stayed home to do my most important job, raise a Christian family. When everyone was in school, had a longing to do more, got a job, and finally enrolled in school 1999. At first I took one class at a time, then two, and well that was about all I could handle. Was doing really good until I got cancer, stopped again. The main reason I went back was I was preaching to my children how important an education was, how could I preach when I never finished. So, now I have one more class to go, and I can say, I did it kids, I never gave up (oh there were times I wanted to). Guess I am jumping the gun since I am not officially done yet. But soon and very soon. My advice for the day, "Never give up." Thomas Edison once said that he didn't fail 10,000 times, he just figured out how not to do it (Something like that).

2 comments:

Sue said...

Remember the really horrific accident you had on the way to Harvard on the hill? You decided to try to drive underneath a big truck. The big truck won !!!!

Bri said...

rah rah ree, kick 'em in the knee! Rah Rah Rass, kick in the other knee!