Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Love is in the Air......or Maybe it is the fumes.

The other night, after the boys had abandoned us, Rob and I, we were at the house, I had already pooped out, and Rob was.....so he said, "Just let me finish this last bit of trim and then we will leave." So I plopped down in a chair, thinking how nice the paint looked, and how tired I was. My husband is suspended in the air almost, reaching for the ceiling (and he is afraid of heights), and I thought, he loves me that much to be up there where he is not the most comfortable. He looks at me and says, "You know, all I ever really wanted in life, what I wanted to give you most in life, is a house, and look I finally did it, it is the one thing you have always wanted, and now I am able to give that to you", and he looks down at me (catching my bewildered stare), and he gives me that I love you more than anything look, and then he says......."Because you deserve it, you have always deserved it, and now I have fulfilled my greatest wish for you." My heart melted and the tiredness faded, and I fell in love all over again. At that very moment I felt like I was the most special woman in the world, and that my friend is what true love is all about.

3 comments:

Bri said...

liar liar pants on fire

Christina said...

Awww.... now it's you who are writing the lovey dovey gag me stuff. Are you taking notes from Briana?.

Sue said...

e- gads gag me with a spoon. It is getting tough to read these blogs. there is so much BULL CRAP on them lately. get a life people