Friday, April 10, 2009

Nine's

Sorry have been really busy with school. I had a rough week. My old boss did my my appraisal, and I was completely shocked. GS's get rated on a scale from 1 to 9, one being really bad, and 9 being the best. I wasn't expecting anything great, since her without a secretary, to go work somewhere else, for a higher position. So you see I wasn't expecting much, but when my new boss went over it, even he was shocked, and tired to console me, she had given me 5's. I worried about it all night, and my boss and Rob suggested I call her the next day, maybe it was a mistake (since this was her first time rating a civilian), and some civilians ratings are from 1 to 5, and military members get rated from 1 to 5, and 5 is good. I was worried, however, since the rating scale was right there on the appraisal as plain as day. As I was driving to work that day, worrying about my conversation with her......I mean what if she really thought I did a lousy job, God told me.......Don't worry everything would be fine. I called her as soon as I got in, I told her I was confused with my rating, since she had given me such a big cash award, and two days off. I asked her if she realized that a 5 was a poor rating, and bad for my career, she said she had no idea, no one told her how to do it. I told her I never received anything lower than an 8, and my last two ratings were all 9's. She told me she would redo it right away. I still had no idea what she would rate me, especially now since I questioned her, and she had been really angry when I said I was leaving for a promotion. I know this is a long story, but it is getting close to the end. Today she sent the new rating to my boss to turn in........It was all nines. My new boss had been great the whole time, he was very comforting, and reassuring. The moral of the story......Listen to God and don't worry when the world tosses you some 9's.

No comments: