Monday, July 6, 2009

I wonder

I often wonder, what do people do when they don't have God to rely on? Do they sink deeper into sorrow? I feel so sad for them, I have had a relationship with God since I was very little, an inner voice to comfort me during times of sorrow. My mother taught me how to pray, and sent me on a bus to Sunday School. It was there I learned the wonderful stories of the Bible. I love each and everyone of them. I look to them, when I need encouragement. David taking on a giant, all because he had faith that God would deliver him. My favorite, lately has been Job, I think because of all that happened in my life......cancer......twice.....my grandmother dying......my dad. I searched for encouragement and there he was Job, he praised God, even though he had lost everything, even though he was sick and afflicted with painful sores all over.......he praised. In the mist of all the tragedy I praised God, I told him, how much I loved him, and I asked for comfort, and yes I was comforted, time and time again, no I was not delivered, I was comforted. So again I ask, what do people do when they have no God? How sad, how very sad to think of it, I will pray for all of them tonight. Seek God in all you do, and praise him in all things.

No comments: