Saturday, July 11, 2009

My dipolma




My diploma came yesterday, I am stoked. What does it mean to me, words will not do justice but here we go. After I graduated from high school, with high honors, and with a great SAT score, my hearts desire was to go to college. I searched for scholarships within my state (but my parents made too much money), and I was not ethnic enough, I had got accepted to Pepperdine, and USC, but didn't have the money to go. My parents didn't have the money to send me, so I started at Jr. College, working 40 hours a week, and going to school full time. It was extremely hard, along the way I got pregnant, married, and had my beautiful Briana and Garrett. Stationed in Las Vegas, I started back again, "Clark County Community College". Finished 9 credits. Then, I got divorced, met Rob, remarried, and was blessed with Christina and Christopher.......later, he blessed me some more and we had James and Willie. Still in the back of my heart--always, was this desire to finish college. How could I preach education to my children and never have finished. When the kids were a little order, after a totalbreakdown.....depression came knocking at my door. I made list of the things that were important to me, you see, I had became a mother and forgot about the part of following my own dream too. God reminded me of that, he said it was okay, it would make me a better mom. So, after meeting with all the kids, and asking for their help one night a week, I went back to school. I also got a job to pay for it. They encouraged me every step of the way, told me how proud they were of me, helped out making dinner, cleaning up, and showed their support. The helped me with my homework (watched me cry), Rob did too, and I never felt so much love. Rob showed me how to write a proper paper, and loved me when I was frustrated with it all. It was extremely hard when I got cancer, and I had to stop for a while, but I got encouragement again from Briana, and she shoved me back in the game, kicking a screaming. Well, Rob graduated first, then Briana, then Garrett, and James (high school), and I thought I would beat Willie, but we graduated together. So, here it is, I wanted so bad for my dad to be here for this day, but I know he is looking down right now, and smiling, and I know my mom is my biggest fan, you don't know how many times, I cried and told her I couldn't do it, and she rallied me on...and on....and on again. So here it is my diploma, for most people it is just a piece of paper for me it is a lifetime of memories along with it. Ten years of going little by little, and I don't have to any bills to pay off now, I paid for it all, working 40 hours a week, and taking one or two classes at a time. God has been with me every step of the way. I can say....I am a Graduate of Hawaii Pacific University, a BA in Psychology, Cum Luade. I did it......now what...you just wait!

2 comments:

Sue said...

you are my hero. the world is yours there are no limits. there are no limits for my love for you either. you go girl!!!!!!!!!!!

Bri said...

I am sooooooooo proud of my mommy!!!