Friday, April 2, 2010

Sorry, but I just haven't felt like writing. Rob and I have been busy working on the den. We finished the painting and Rob finished the wood floors, now we need to buy some new items. You know furniture and things. I really need to get things thrown away. I am so sick of all the clutter.

I have been really focused on my looking into my family tree lately. I have bought some software and some books and I am looking into it. My mom has a sister out there somewhere, and I think it is about time I helped her, so if any of you have any hints let me know. There are some things I know already, but it is shall we say just a glimpse.

On my mothers side thanks to some of her great-aunts we already have a book, that goes all the way back to our first ancestors here in America. I got really interested when I found out that we were Jewish on my Grandmothers side. The gene I have (the cancer gene) comes from Russian Jews, I never knew it, neither did my grandma, but her father stowed away on ship to get here. He then proceeded to bring his family over a little at time. Because back then there was a lot of persecution going on with the Jews in Russia, and a lot of them became Greek orthodox because of it. He did, there are things we will probably never find out about him, especially since that side of the family is pretty much wiped out because of the cancer.

I don't know much about my fathers dad either, except they came from Missouri originally, but I really want to find out. The problem is my short attention span (a little ADHD). I do have trouble following through, I lose interest easily especially if things get complicated, so we shall see how it goes.

Also we (okay me) have decided to go to California and see my Mom for a visit, cuz I miss her to pieces. James and Willie have decided to come too, so it should be a lot of fun. I am really looking forward to it.

No comments: