Saturday, July 17, 2010

Emotional Week

This has been an emotional week. I really am drained. I guess this was my week to listen, because boy did I do a lot of it. After listening to the SMSgt Friend and his wife being diagnosed with cancer, another lady came in and said she was having martial problems.

Even though I have a degree in pyschology I have learned the finer art of listening from being a mother. It is amazing how God puts people in your path to comfort and help. With the job I have I get a lot of it sometimes. It seems my door was a revolving one this week. There are some weeks, were I get little done, and I feel like the week has been a total loss because I accomplished nothing, but then I re-evaluate. I see that although I did not get any "Work" done, I did get "God's Work" done.

It can be emotional exhausting though. I always feel good that I have help people, and I really believe that is my major calling in life, and what I was put here on earth to do. One of the problems is I kind of take on the emotion of it too. It is hard just to let go of it, so I just pray.

No comments: