Tuesday, July 13, 2010

So Sad

Today was very traumatic for me. One of the enlisted men has been going through a lot and because he knew that Rob and I have been through all the cancer stuff he has been talking a lot to me. His wife has a mass on her lungs and at first they said cancer, then they said no, and now it is yes again. Lymphoma Non Hodgkin's finally a diagnoses. We have been praying for her daily during our devotional time. Stage 4 he was devastated, he came in to talk to our boss...my boss, and asked me to be there to. His poor eyes welled up with tears and I could tell my boss didn't know what to do.

I did the only thing I could, I let God fill me up with the words of comfort, words of wisdom, I patted his shoulder rubbed his back over and over. As he tried to get the words out the overwhelming flood engulfed me I felt like I was taking back to the moment in time and I told him how he must feel, and as he broke up time and time again, I listened, I gave words of encouragement. I wanted to escape from it, but I know that God had put me there for a reason, but I struggled as I have never before.

As we left my bosses office I took him into an empty office and I asked him if it would be alright if I prayed with him, he said yes. When I was done I hugged him, I told him my best advice through all of it was God doesn't give you anything you cannot handle and it was what I held on to during my struggle. I also told him, to remember when his wife is mean to him, yelling and screaming it has nothing to do with him, and never to take it personally.

I had the greatest support during my fight, I screamed, I yelled, I cried like a baby and all through all of it, Rob, my kids, my mom, Rob's family, my friends.....everyone held me up. Most of all when I could not hear God, I still could feel him, but I would never wish it on anyone, and I would never want to go through that storm again. Please pray for Trina she has three little children too, that she home schools.

No comments: