Monday, August 2, 2010

The interview is O V E R

So I went over to my job interview at the hospital and sat and waited and waited, then four of them interviewed me all at once it kind of made you feel like you were ganged up on.

The Deputy Chief (who would be one of my bosses) proceeded to bash the Air Force (where I work). I love the Air Force. The Deputy (who likes himself....a lot) proceeded to ask me stupid questions, sorry but they were. Why were they stupid questions? They asked me what other jobs I have had and how long I have been in Hawaii, then one of the ladies was totally shocked, she oh you live here, I mean you call Hawaii home? All of those questions were on my resume (guess they don't read). I mean did they even bother to look at my resume at all.....I don't think so, and I am sure the Deputy didn't, and if his nose got any higher in the sky I am sure he would have took off.

I even got a lecture about how important his job was and how important they all were (him and the chief), they are so important that everyone wanted to meet with them all the time. Now I could have told him that I work for HQ PACAF and we have 3 Generals on staff, but I didn't I don't think he wanted to come down from his high horse and I didn't have the heart to watch a grown man cry.

Needless to say I wouldn't take the job even if they gave me a great deal more money. I never wanted to get away from somewhere so bad before and from the moment I arrived. I felt that way the whole time it was just terrible and nobody was friendly at all.

In the end they made me take a test.....yes I said test. I had to look over a memorandum and check it for errors, and after that one of the secretaries said, "Okay sometimes we are asked to right spur of the moment letters for the Chief so here is a blank paper write us a condolence letter the best as you can do". I looked at her like she was crazy and she said here are the names of the people the husband and his wife who died, now just write the best letter you can.

So I asked her, "I am sorry but who is this letter on behalf of, I can't write a letter unless I know who I am suppose to writing it on behalf of". She just stared at me and finally said, "oh that doesn't matter just do the best you can". Like I was a bother to her, I could not believe it, I was so shocked.

Then I got mad, I wrote, on behalf of the staff here at Tripler Army Medical Center we would like to send Mr. David Joesph our sincere condolences on the passing of his dear wife Elizbeth Joseph. I then finished it off like the professional I am. I am sorry but I couldn't wait to get out of there, I almost ran. Then I laughed all the way back to my job (which I love).

1 comment:

Sue said...

horanBe careful what you wish for huh?