Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Back on Track

I need to get back on track. I walked yesterday, but not as far as I usually go. At least I did it. I am going to go again today. I think I like walking better at home, there is a hill you come to do and it sometimes it really kicks your butt, but after you reach the top I feel like "Rocky" all over again because I made it. You feel elated that you were able to make it to the top without passing out or losing all of you air.

I remember when the kids were little back when it was Briana and Garrett, I used to put them in a red wagon. Briana would hold on to her little brother for dear life (poor Garrett) and we would go all over the place, just the three of us. Then later when it was all six of us it got a little more difficult but I would bring plastic bags on our walk and let them collect whatever they wanted and then we would come home and make collages with the stuff they collected. Walks remind me of family. I just wish I had the energy I had then now. Nothing clears the mind better than a nice walk. I like to talk to God when I walk and just listen to what he has to say to me.

No comments: