Saturday, September 18, 2010

Things Accomplished

This week has been great. There have been so many things around the house that I have wanted to get accomplished. Usually when the weekend comes something always comes around and needs to be done, and then I refused to work on Sunday because I need to get things ready for your work week again.

Finally....with this time off I focused on one thing at a time on my "really needs to get done list" that has kept me from feeling good about the house. Usually on the weekends things need to be cleaned so everything else goes to the way side. Being I able to cross things off feels great. Of course in the mist of everything I had to listen to my nagging husband (love you babe) and him telling me I shouldn't be doing this or that, or he was going to tell my doctor what I was doing.....whatever! If I didn't feel good enough to do something I wouldn't be doing it, and James helped me with the ladder and heavy stuff.

I could have gone back to work on Thursday but decided I deserved to take the rest of the week off and work on my "gotta get it done list". Nothing is more satisfying.

On Monday I had James dump off all the stuff on our closet on to the floor so I could go through it. It has been up there piled up since we moved in. I got rid of so much junk and when I was done I was able to see the ceiling again. I Love it! I went through boxes and boxes of junk and I didn't look back this went and this went, ladies most of it was my husband's junk and I do say junk, except for a brand new pair of Asics running shoes (did I say brand new). When I showed them to him, he had the gall to say oh where did those come from. Yep that's my husband.

On Tuesday, I painted the ceiling in our room (the one my husband left since we moved in) with brown paint on it, I would have patched it up months ago, but I had no idea that he had brown paint on my white ceiling until I moved the boxes and could now see it. Then I went over the trim of white ceiling vs brown (well it is really sand color) and made it perfect until it wouldn't bother me anymore (yes, I have a problem). When my husband paints he just paints he doesn't care if it is a little bit crooked, and me it drives me crazy to see it that way so I have to take care of it.

On Wednesday I had a doctors appt. so I just painted some more especially after it had dried from the day before and it looked totally a different color, I then realized I had not shaken it up good enough which made the color different, and here we go again, so I fixed it.

On Thursday I went through all my clothes, in the closets, in the dressers......everything. I got rid of three bags of clothes (I had not done that since we moved in) there was a lot of get rid of (stuff I hadn't worn in a while). I have promised myself since I love clothes so much that from now on if I buy something new, something has to go in place of it and that should solve the no room for anything.

Yesterday I worked on my curtains (still not done) touched up paint all around the house, you could tell I did because it is all over the floor, some was on my foot, don't worry it wipes up off the wood flooring (thank goodness). When Rob got home I told him I needed to go to Lowe's and get some more paint for our room, for the doors (we ran out) and I want to have some in case I ever need it. I also needed some round clips for my curtains too. We went out to eat after Lowe's and had a nice meal together (I let rob go to Outback, "I hate steak") and came home and relaxed. He thanked me because he knows I hate to eat there.....I sacrifice so much, hehehe.

This weekend I will have to give up my night owlishness as Rob puts it. Rob makes the owl noise every night because I stay up all night reading (because I can), but next week I will have to get back in the groove of work YUCK!

So I am proud I got some things done the rest of the weekend is relaxing, exercising again, and enjoying my last bit of freedom. I feel great still a little sore, but I have accomplished so much it feels good. I am still 10lbs lighter (did not gain any even though I couldn't exercise), but this week I will have to get back to exercising again.

No comments: