Monday, December 13, 2010

A Hawaiian Christmas

What is Christmas like in Hawaii? Well, we have dat white stuff, but we call it sand. We don't get cold and we never say, "It is freezing outside". As I look out my window at work all I see is blue, blue and more blue skies, and have you ever been to the beach during the winter that didn't freeze your toes off. Not here, all is warm, warm and warm. Now, sometimes you get a few showers but that is all. The best thing about Christmas in Hawaii is "Family".

This year I can't wait to watch the faces of the grandchildren as they experience "Hawaii" for the first time. They will get to discard their jackets and don their slippers. They will get to run in the sand instead of the snow. They will get to feel the same thing that I do when we are all together. There is plenty of laughter, hugs, kisses, tormenting (from Willie and Garrett), love, wrestling, and plenty of competition. Everyone talks loud in order to be heard.....to me loud is a blessing it mean my house is full, not just with people but with love.

I always laugh so hard I am crying. I can't wait to hug Briana and Kori you know what happens when your hugs get stored up, you get the tar squeezed out of you, and that is just what I plan to do. I can't wait to play the Christmas song game, and I especially cannot wait to dance with Jack and Kaya. I can't wait for them to see their cousins and play with them for the second time. God has blessed me so good this Christmas, but then he always does, my heart is full and my cup runneth over. I just can't wait for Christmas in Hawaii.

No comments: