Monday, December 27, 2010

A Little Fairy Dust Goes A Long Way

I am sure that Briana is glad to be back home (except for the snow), and I am glad that things are back to normal, but every now and then if I am still and listen closely, I can hear the little pitter patter of little feet of Christmas past.....Jackson, Kaya, Faith, Marianne, and Kady Bug. Even though on Christmas I was so busy cooking and getting a proper meal together for my family, my heart was full, overflowing, a fountain of joy bubbling over as I listen to all the laughter.

I had my "Bud" with me in the Kitchen (Garrett) helping prepare everything, and when it was close to eating time it was just like it used to be when they were all little. I had Briana and Christina come in like they used to when they were little and talked story with me while I cooked. When I sounded the, "Get everything ready it is almost time to eat", they all rallied together, getting tables pushed together, seats ready for the babies, plates, napkins, utensils, and everything else that would make their mom proud. I love my family I love everything about each of them, and then when it was time to eat, we gave thanks, and my heart was moved. I was moved because I am truly blessed in every way I wish they could see in my heart the joy they give me. When we were all done, Briana and Garrett cleaned up....everything and again I felt special.

But the best present was the photo they took, and yes as Briana put it, "It is not prefect", but we are not prefect are we? It was prefect for me and in my eyes, it was the prefect gift. And every time I look at it I will re-live those memories again, and it will be my safe place to go when the world in closing in. I will put it on my desk at work I will smile every time I look at it, because my family makes me so proud. I don't know what I did to deserve such a special bunch, but it is like my fairy dust.....one sprinkle goes a long way, and when people get us down, just sprinkle a little behind the ears and remember our special day. I love you all very much.

1 comment:

sues corner said...

Hey I am jealous. I want some of that fairy dust. Will it make people disappear? If it does I want at least a gallon, because I have a few people in mind !!!!!!!!
Mom