Thursday, July 21, 2011

Grand Girls are Gone...Gone I Tell You

Well, the grand girls are gone. They are off to the unknown, uncharted, dark and cold world. Now why would their mother and father do that to them. Don't they know that any world without their grandma Gray "The best Grandma in the whole world", is a cruel...cruel...world?
And for all of you who are curious, yes I balled my eyes out, I wailed and there was even some gnashing of teeth. I am so sad.

My husband has informed me (he was only trying to get me to stop wailing) that we can go visit them, and it is not like we will never see them again so he said. He is wrong...wrong...wrong, does he know where we live. I am clear on the other side of the planet. A grandmother needs to be right next door to her grandchildren...or at least an hours drive. She needs to be there in case of emergencies (to protect them from beatings), she is there to defend them from all the wrong in the world, and definitely from their parents...when need be.

She is also there to color with, cook, make play dough, swim in the kiddie pools, and teach them how to get on their parents last nerve. Now the whole learning process is in stalemate, and don't think I haven't forgotten about the other grand children. Rob says, "oh you still have two grand kids here...pish posh, and yes I do believe it is some consolation, but I want all of them...I must have failed somewhere as a parent, either that or my power of manipulation is fading.

No comments: